BURBANK, Calif. (December 14, 2017) — Get ready for “DC in D.C.” During the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend, Warner Bros. Television Group, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will team up for“DC in D.C.,” a landmark pop culture event that brings together the worlds of entertainment and public service to illuminate the story of America and current issues through the lens of comics and Super Heroes. Events will take place Friday, January 12, and Saturday, January 13, 2018, at the Newseum, and will culminate with the world premiere screening of the upcoming DC series Black Lightning — based on the first African-American DC Super Hero to have his own stand-alone comic title — in the Warner Bros. Theater at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History, with a party to follow at the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
“DC in D.C.” brings together stars and producers from Warner Bros. Television’s DCTV series, as well as comic book writers and artists from DC Entertainment, who will join invited guests from politics, government service, entertainment, business, academia and more. The event will explore the intersection of comic books, culture, entertainment and enlightenment through a series of panel discussions open to the public. Additionally, “DC in D.C.” will present the premiere screening of the DC Universe animated movie Batman: Gotham By Gaslight (for ages 18+) at the Newseum.
Scheduled participants include:
- The stars of Black Lightning — Cress Williams, China Anne McClain, Nafessa Williams, Christine Adams, Marvin “Krondon” Jones III, Damon Gupton and James Remar — along with executive producers Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil
- Executive producers Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter (Arrow, Black Lightning, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl, upcoming Titans) plus television series stars Caity Lotz (DC’s Legends of Tomorrow),Candice Patton (The Flash), Danielle Panabaker (The Flash), J.W. Cortes (Gotham), Russell Tovey (Freedom Fighters: The Ray) and others to be announced.
- DC comic book writers and artists such as DC Entertainment’s Jim Lee, Julie Benson, Shawna Benson, Shea Fontana, Agnes Garbowska, Tom King, Steve Orlando, Alice Randall, Oscar®-winning screenwriter John Ridley, Mark Russell, Mariko Tamaki and DC Entertainment’s Geoff Johns, the best-selling author of Rebirth and Doomsday Clock.
Luminaries from media, politics and government service
And more to be announced…
Highlights of the “DC in D.C.” event schedule include:
- Stars and producers from WBTV’s DC series Arrow, Black Lightning, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Gotham, Supergirl and Freedom Fighters: The Ray join comic book authors and artists from DC Entertainment for panel discussions and appearances that are open to the general public. Additional information about tickets for the five public panels will be released at www.DCinDC2018.com.
- Private, invitation-only world premiere of upcoming DCTV drama series Black Lightning, which debuts Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at 9/8c on The CW.
- Public sneak peek screening of Black Lightning, as well as the premiere screening of DC Universe animated movie Batman: Gotham By Gaslight, coming to Digital on January 23, 2018, and Blu-ray™/DVD on February 6, 2018, from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
For additional info on “DC in D.C.,” please visit www.DCinDC2018.com, and follow us on Twitter at @warnerbrostv and @DCComics, hashtag: #DCinDC