In our continuing goal of highlighting BlackSci-Fi and contributions by creators of color and works featuring characters of color across the various creative spectrums, we here at BlackSci-Fi.com are going to highlight some awesome Kickstarter, Seed and Spark, GoFund Me, and many other campaigns you might want to donate to. Check out the below campaign, and spread the word.
From the website:
About Blackened Roots
Blackened Roots is an anthology of stories written by Black writers from all over the world featuring tales of non-traditional zombies. Think The Girl With All The Gifts, not The Walking Dead.
The anthology is co-edited by Stoker-nominated and award-winning editor and writer Nicole Givens Kurtz at Mocha Memoirs Press, and award-winning producer and editor Tonia Ransom at NIGHTLIGHT. At least three stories from the anthology will air on the NIGHTLIGHT podcast.
Blackened Roots will debut during February 2023, during Black History Month.
Planned Authors for Blackened Roots include:
- Sheree Renée Thomas: Hugo Nominated Editor, 2001 & 2005 World Fantasy Award Winner, 2021 IGNYTE Finalist
- Eden Royce: Shirley Jackson Award nominee, Walter Award Honoree, and a Nebula Award Finalist
- Brandon Massey: Winner, Gold Pen Award for Best Thriller
- Craig Gidney, Winner, Bronze Moonbeam Medal, Lambda Literary Awards Finalist, Gaylactic Spectrum Finalist
- Zin E. Rocklyn: Nebula-nominated Best Novella 2021
- Sumiko Saulson: Amazon Top 1000 Horror Authors, Afrosurrealist Writer Award, HWA President’s Award
- Moustapha Mbacké Diop: Longlisted for the Nommo Award for Best Novel
- Steven Van Patten: Winner, African-American Literary Awards Best Science Fiction, Gamma XI Phi, Outstanding Achievements in the Arts
- L. Marie Wood: Stoker Finalist, Hollywood HorrorFest Winner, Shriekfest Quarterfinalist
- Milton Davis: British Science Fiction Association Award Nominee, Urban Action Showcase Award
- Marc Abbott: African American Literary Award
- Errick Nunnally: Hugo nominee
Head here for more information.