Call for Submissions
Did you miss your chance to be in the groundbreaking anthology, The Scribes of Nyota? Are you ready to become a part of the phenomenon? BlackSci-Fi.com and Pyroglyphics Studio are uniting once again to create the next exciting volume in an Anthology series and we would like to invite YOU to join us. Submissions for the next anthology are being accepted NOW and will close on 3/1/18.
The common goal of this project is to give a spotlight to creators and stories of the African Diaspora. As with all the volumes in this series, this anthology is designed to tell new, exciting stories under the umbrella of Sci-Fi while sharing a specific theme. The theme for this volume is “MAGIC.” Your stories and images can run the furthest gamut of “magic” and “sci-fi” (encompassing elements of supernatural, fantasy, science, and horror), as long as it carries Nubian representation and themes. The real question is, what does “MAGIC” mean to YOU and how do you represent it to create an emotional resonance between you and the audience?
- This volume is open to poetry, prose, and pin-ups.
- Submit up to 3 poems of any length.
- Prose should be between 1,000 to 6,000 words. Submit up to 2 pieces.
- Submit up to 5 Pin-ups. Should be at least medium resolution .pdf, 11×17 scale with a black border. (Final submissions should be 6.625” x 10.25”, add 0.125” bleed around each page and spread and no lower than 300 dpi.)
- Submit your best artwork and writing to BPAnthology@gmail.com with the subject line, “Magic,” before March 1, 2018.
- If selected, a follow up email will be sent with more details.
- Submissions should be original work of the creator(s).
- You must be 18 or older to submit.
- If you’d like more guidance of what to submit, please refer to the original anthology:
Kindle: e-book: http://a.co/ebHZQot
- If your work is chosen for inclusion you will receive a free copy of the book.
We look forward to creating MAGIC with you. Good luck, everyone!